Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog post: The first

Welcome to the very first post of my very first blog! Over the course of this semester, I'll use this space to document my experiences in MLIS 7505 Applied Technologies in Library Practice. 


My background in all of this is pretty slim. While I'm fairly proficient at Facebook (although my Farmville cows might disagree), I've made few other forays into the realm of Web 2.0. Friends and family have always suggested I create a blog, but I was afraid of the pressure to publish. Now that I'm required to post regularly, maybe I'll get a little more comfortable. 


My next adventure is creating an RSS feed. I've signed up for an account with RapidFeeds, but, until I learn exactly what an RSS feed is, I guess it will be a while until my first update/feed/post/whatever you call it. 

5 comments:

  1. Good job! Hooray for joining blog-land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks good so far. I wouldn't have guessed that you're a "noob";-) I'm trying to figure out all the RSS stuff as well. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've apparently taken the new technology by storm. That is great that you've set up the feeds for your running group. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you all are way ahead of me. I set up the RSS but where doses it start kicking in???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your RSS "kicks in" when you create new posts. Subscribe to your own RSS feed using your Google reader account and you'll be able to tell if it's working or not.

    ReplyDelete